Sonnet
I, by Ashley C. Goff:
The Summer’s hot envy did flare, when saw
Our hearts as one in Love’s heavenly bliss.
No storm alter, our Love, nor Time claim flaw,
While drink the sweet melody of his kiss.
The chill, bitter Autumn us nearer brings,
But finds me safe in those protecting arms.
Through gold, leaf-tipped
black boughs, a shadow sings
A haunting song of Season’s ending harm.
Winter, his toothless grin he bares, rapture,
Of farewells said in pain. His sadistic
Pleasure in tears we shed. The departure
Agony to our heart, become septic.
But ice
will melt, these bonds no more constrain,
For
Spring will find us together again.
This is my first attempt at a Sonnet, so it's undoubtedly still a little rough around the edges. But, I wrote this for Nathan Barber, who has been and continues to be one of the biggest blessings in my life. He is the most incredible, caring, and talented person I know. There is no hesitation when I say that "I love him with all my heart, and I will love him always." There is no place I'd rather be than in his arms, and it hurts to be so far away from him for most of the year. But there is no one else that I would rather wait for.
.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment