Hey hey!
So class today was pretty interesting; in British Youth
Culture we talked about the beginnings of EDM, Techno and Dubstep – so that was
cool. Also made some connections with my own music, so be sure to check out my upcoming post in “Stairway
to Nirvana” if you’re curious to see how the Rock world is adopting and
adapting some of this new electronic music. I will post it to Facebook as soon as I get it completed, so stay tuned...
Anyway, went back to NIDO and looked up some concerts online
and I found out that one of my favorite bands, Seether, is going to be playing
at the Spokane County Fairgrounds on September 12th! Thinking that I
am going to have to play hooky for half a day and drive back to Idaho to go to
it, then just spend the night at one of my parents’ houses before heading back
to school. Learned my lesson with Three Days Grace, that if I wait too long to
go see my favorite bands then it might never happen, so I want to go if at all
possible.
Went to my City class like usual and sat through another
headache inducing lecture. Seriously, I don’t do biology and it’s really rather
difficult to remember everything, plus I am quickly getting stressed about the
final exam which is worth 80 percent of our grade. Anyway, during the break,
the guy next to me started talking to me and said that he thought I had very
nice handwriting. We chatted for a bit and I found out that he is also an
international student from Tel Aviv who is at City full time studying
psychology. He was really friendly, and not bad looking but not quite my type.
Even still, it was nice to actually talk to someone in that class because there
really is little room for social interaction in a class so big that is so
lecture based, and I haven’t met anyone from City yet. So that was cool. Went
to the grocery store and then headed back to NIDO. Fairly mellow day. But I am
going to buckle down this evening and get as much homework finished as humanly
possible so that I will not have to worry about it this weekend – hence the
short post.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment