I’m afraid I have just another boring post for you. Believe
me that this one is going to be really short.
Up early this morning, I spent most of it reviewing novel
themes and characters for my Literature and Place exam. That was broken up by
some quality time with my guitar, which I am still thoroughly enjoying. I am
so, so grateful that I was able to bring it with me here to London despite the
hassle of getting it here. It has been so worth it, not only have I been making
great headway in finally learning how to play the thing, but it has also proved
to be a perfectly therapeutic outlet for me. It is not nearly as time involved
as drawing (something which I also have a hard time stopping and starting, as
when I get started on something I almost always want to work on it until it’s finished),
and it is really easy to pick up and set down again while still requiring a
great amount of focus when I am playing – which definitely helps to take the
mind off any stressors. Plus I am just absolutely thrilled that I can play some
of my favorite songs!
So that was my morning. At two I met up with Tula and we
made our way toward IES, stopping at a café called “Candy and Coffee” (yeah. My
name is written ALL over it) for some coffee and Tesco for some lunch on the
way. We sat in Bloomsbury Square and ate lunch because, even though it was
overcast, the weather was rather warm and nice today (first day I didn’t need
my coat). We then spent the next two hours in a midterm exam. I feel like it
went well, and am confident I did well. I had plenty of time to write down everything
that I wanted to say and I didn’t get hung up on any particular question. It’s
still a little draining though, so I went back to the dorm and relaxed for a
bit (more guitar, naturally.) and then begun studying for the exam I have
tomorrow which will be my City University Psych class – which, I swear, is going
to drive me insane by the end of the semester (Oh, the irony…). The test I have
tomorrow is worth 10% of our grade, which seems alright until you realize that
I only have three tests in that class; the first two are worth 10% each,
meaning that the final is worth 80% of
our grade! So I need to do well, 1) because I’m going to need all the help
I can get, and 2) because I need to make sure I understand all the material
completely before I get to that final exam. This is, by far, my most difficult
midterm, and on that account I am cutting this post severely short so that I
can get back to studying…
No comments:
Post a Comment