Thursday, February 6, 2014

London: day thirty-one

To my great joy, the one class I had today ended up being cancelled, meaning a four day weekend for me!! Also a lucky break because I had not been able to get through all the homework.

Despite the break, I still wanted to ensure that I got an early start, so I got up at the normal hour and walked with Hannah to IES at the time I would have been going there anyway. On the way, we discussed plans for a potential trip to Wales sometime in March; probably to Cardiff. I stopped momentarily in IES to print off my bus tickets for this weekend to Brighton and to Canterbury, before I continued down the street toward Primark. My journey here was mostly just for the hell of it, but I did find some souvenirs for people back home. I took the bus back toward NIDO, stopped briefly at Tesco for milk, then went back to my dorm.

Apparently, even though I wanted to have a productive day, my body begged to differ, and shortly after sitting down on my bed, I was asleep for the next two hours. Evidently, I’ve been going too hard for too long and my body is starting to protest. I’m also still a little sick, even though my voice is almost completely back, the cough has not gone away. It’s difficult though to take enough down time in order to get better and recover; there’s just so much to do all the time. During the day I am spending as much possible time in the city and exploring as much as I can, and during the night, I am working on my academic pursuits, which is a considerable amount of work with five classes. Unfortunately, taking down time may not be much of an optional thing for me; I really don’t want to spend my whole time here fighting off sickness and exhaustion.


Watched a movie on Netflix last night called Amazing Grace about the abolition of the slave trade in Britain; was really good, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good, historical movie.

Off to Canterbury tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment