Sometimes on days when all there is to do is class and
homework, compared to the days of adventure, on occasion they come across as
strikingly boring. But it’s impossible for every day to be a grand, take-two-hundred-pictures
kind of day. So on the in between days, you kind of get left with this feeling
of “I’m not doing anything. Crap. I need to be doing something.” And even though it is homework that you need to be doing, somehow that just doesn’t
feel productive at all; no matter how much of it you get done. So you can
imagine the type of restlessness that ensues when you only have two hours back
at the dorm in between classes; just enough time to eat lunch, and, then what?
Well, today, apparently this kind of disintegrated into dancing ridiculously
and singing along to “Livin’ on a Prayer” whilst alone in the dorm room – don’t
ask me why. I don’t even know if I like Bon Jovi or not; some days, a song
comes on and there’s nothing better, other days, I can’t shut it off fast
enough. Apparently today was a Bon Jovi day…
On my way to City, something interesting happened as I was
crossing the street. Here in London, people very seldomly wait for the pedestrian
light to turn green before crossing, instead, they kind of just cross whenever
the traffic is clear, or in between the traffic. It kind of works just because
there are so many people and so much traffic, so it does save time; but it’s
also quite dangerous and I’ve already seen a few people get hit. Well, the road
near City University isn’t super busy, so I did this and crossed quickly before
the light turned green, and apparently a guy coming the opposite way had the
same idea. Just as I was almost to the center median, he was passing by me and
was, well, definitely staring at me. Girls get this a lot, we’re kind of used
to it by now, and he wasn’t attractive so I scarcely returned the attention.
However, he was apparently too preoccupied with looking at me that he failed to
look to the left before waltzing out into the next lane of traffic and he
almost got clocked by a turning van. The driver laid on the horn hard and
slammed on the brakes just in time. A little spat then ensued with the young
man yelling at the driver and the driver returning in kind. They lingered there
for quite a while, having quite the heated conversation which ended just as I
was entering the building. Admittedly, it just ended up being funny to me and I
couldn’t help laughing about it.
Anyway, class was good, both of them. While walking back
from City University, some lady asked me for directions and I was actually able
to help her out; so that was nice to know that I’m finally learning my own way
around.
Also, on a completely random note, look at these flavors of yogurt! They're all really different, but so far have been good:
Banana & Custard, Orange w/ sprinkles of dark chocolate, Rhubarb, Turkish Delight also with sprinkles of chocolate, and Smooth Toffee

:)
ReplyDelete